Monday, February 2, 2009

Music Monday

"Come on now, now, come on now, now. Enjoy the humor of the situation." - Barenaked Ladies

I try hard to see the humor in any given situation. It makes anything better if you can just laugh at it. Better still, laugh at yourself. Humor is the balm that softens the blows that life throws at you.

Few things aren't fair game in our house. Take our marriage, for instance. We have a great one. I've very lucky to have found BUMD - we are bestest friends and have a great partnership. We like similar things. It just works.

Still, there are some things we don't see eye to eye on and never will. We refer to those things as "next spouse" items. I will have a dog with my next spouse. He'll run for office with his next spouse. We're not being disrespectful to our marriage. We're just letting the other know that it will never happen with us. It makes us laugh to say it.

I really appreciate people who have a lively sense of humor. Barenaked Ladies is one of my favorite groups because of their ability to make me laugh mid-song. The line "I just made you say underwear" from "Pinch Me" springs to mind - you'll think twice before singing along with one of their songs. Another group I appreciate is the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. LAGQ took on Pachelbel's Canon in D and turned it into the impish wonder known as the "Loose" Canon. You can't help but smile when you hear it. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Missy said...

That was awesome. Very taleted and LOL @ "TACO BELL".

It's a shame we we don't live closer together our families would have lots of fun.