Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nine down, ??? to go

So I said I'd cry if this happened, but it doesn't seem worth it. A is off of wheat now too. For right now, she can't eat anything that has these ingredients: wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, potatoes, watermelon, peanuts, or chocolate. The good news is that we're going to try and reintroduce either corn, potatoes, or chocolate in a couple of weeks. Given that it'll be Valentine's Day, I'm voting for the chocolate. Watermelon is a non-issue; she doesn't like it anyway.

We're eating a lot of good meats, fruits, and veggies - in short, a very healthy diet. No problem with that. I bought some more alterna-flours and I'm going to try bake some cookies today. This could be fun. My grocery bill is huge. I need to plan my garden for the summer. Thank goodness for the internet too - there's a ton of great recipes out there. I haven't food a decent one for bread...yet. Maybe I'll just have to make one.

That said, I'd like to eliminate the term "allergy free." Really, a recipe for water? 'Cause that's the only thing I can find that's non-allergenic. People have a vast array of allergies. There's no "allergy-free" recipe database that's going to take care of them all. I prefer the term "allergy friendly" because there's less of a chance I'll be let down. The last time I clicked on the featured recipe from an allergy free site, the recipe contained several ingredients we couldn't use. I know you can't please everyone all of the time, but we could compromise, right?

In the meantime, we're getting creative around here. It will be fun!

0 comments: