Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Toothsome Tuesday

Since I've done so well with posting on Music Mondays [/sarcasm], I thought I'd try my hand at posting recipes and other food finds on Tuesdays. My very favorite food is chocolate, so expect to see it featured early and often. Without further ado, I present:

Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. Butter an 8” square baking pan and lightly dust with flour (we use the wonderful Pam Baking spray).
3. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar.
5. Stir in the eggs and the vanilla and mix until smooth.
6. Add the flour and salt, and stir until smooth.
7. Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick insearted into the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 40 minutes.

Makes 16 brownies
Serves 1


Adapted from the New York Cookbook by Molly O'Neill.

0 comments: